invalid frob

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Hi,

I tried to install latest version of flicksync on my system (WinXP SP3, .Net 3 installed), but after clicking ok to giving FlickrSync the permission for my Flickr-Account, i get following error:

Unable to obtain flick Token

Error: Invalid frob (108)

I give flickrsync the permissions and restart application. Still the same error.

There is no settings-file, where it should be in my Profile-Folder - perhaps thats the reason?

btw.: I use german version of WinXP.

kind regards,

Mathias

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:25 AM

I had the same issue.  To resolve I left the initial prompt up saying did you authenticate.  Went to the webpage in the background and authenticated first and then clicked OK on the prompt.  That seemed to take it that way, but if I clicked OK and then tried to authenticate on the web page it wouldn't work.

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2010 at 4:58 AM

That's exactly what you should do. That's why the prompt is there and this is the standard method to authenticate flickr applications.

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I understand, but the prompt is a little vague.  In theory a good app shouldn't let the user cause such an error just by clicking the OK button on the prompt before authorizing on the webpage (which is behind the prompt).  I've seen the authorization process on a few other third-party apps like FoldrMonitr and Flickr Uploadr and they go much smoother.  Just my two cents.