AutoSync improvements

Aug 1, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Like another poster said in another thread... when I run the automatic command it brings up the preview window and just sits there until I click the Sync button.

Actually, I would like this feature to work like Picasa. The program sits in my task tray and monitors the folder tree it has been told to. Whenever a photo or video is changed in one of those folders, it automatically syncs the new version to Flickr right away. Picasa does this all the time, even if you change tags or a caption or the GPS coords.

This is agreat idea for a piece of software. I use Flickr to mirror part of my Picasa albums. Picasa has me hooked with the automatic sync feature in version 3. Compared to what Google offers, Yahoo really lacks in client software the way that Google has gone out and produced Picasa, Earth and other clients that integrate into the web versions. FlickrSync is a great step in the right direction and has just the right feature set when there is already heaps of cheap or free software that does all the things that Picasa does, just keeping your efforts into the basic sync feature and improving it as suggested here is probably the right focus.

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Thanks for a great program, many thanks.

I have the same problem with Autosync, it displays the preview window. Actually, it seems to be impossible to supress the preview window even when running the application normally - i.e. setting the preferences to 'No information'.

I'm running Windows 7 RC 7100