[Solved] Can't Re-install

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:41 AM
I cannot for the life of me get this program to re-install. I had to un-install the previous version and now it won't install because it says it is already installed elsewhere.

I have done everything, literally, to completely remove the previous installation. I always use a third party uninstaller regardless, which does a "deep clean". Even so, I went through all of my App Data folders, registry entries, and C: drive/program folders and there is absolutely nothing left that I can find, yet somehow it is still saying it is installed somewhere.

Any suggestions?
Developer
Jan 19, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Unfortunately I had nothing to do with the installer so I'm not really sure. It actually uses quite a weird method which I don't have much knowledge of. The only thing I can suggest is to look for any folders named FlickrSync or with Paulo Gaeda's (check
the spelling on the website) name in it - I'm pretty certain there should be at least one in the AppData part of your Windows user profile. Otherwise maybe try an restore point? On 19/01/2014 07:41, S1lent_Echoes wrote:
Jan 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Thank you for responding.

I was finally able to track down the culprit(s). There are normal AppData folders and I had already found/deleted those. However, there are also files in AppData inside of other folders - Apps was one of them and I'm pretty sure there was another but I forgot what it was exactly. If you are having this problem, just dig through any folders inside any of the three AppData folders (Local, LocalLow, and Roaming) that does not belong to any particular app (i.e. like the folder that was simply named "Apps") and look for anything Flickr related. That should resolve the issue, as it did for me.
Developer
Jan 20, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing your solution! On 19/01/2014 18:37, S1lent_Echoes wrote: