Quicker thumbnail display (development test build)

Developer
Feb 10, 2011 at 9:50 PM

To anyone who is interested and confident enough with computers, I have a new version for you to try:

Changes:

- Thumbnails from files on your machine will now display more quickly when you view them before syncing

- Thumbnails now keep their aspect ratio so you will be able to distinguish them more easily

Please note, trying this is at your own risk, but nothing should have been broken.

Instructions:

- Go here: http://flickrsync.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/68374 and click the download button

- Open the downloaded flickrsync-68374.zip and navigate FlickrSyncDevelopmentBranch > TestReleases

- Open 1-ThumbPerformance.zip and copy the FlickrSync folder to somewhere on your computer.

- Open the folder and run FlickrSync.exe

You will probably need to reauthorise the program with your Flickr account. Running this program should not affect the existing version of FlickrSync installed on your machine and you can delete the folder containing the it at any time.

Please let me know if you notice the speed increase in displaying thumbnails and if you encounter any problems.

Thanks

Daniel

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Yes !, it's more faster to display the thumbnails. Good news.

I'm waiting for your new developpement on the Tag syncing feature !
If you want beta tester, I'm here.

Olivier 

Developer
Mar 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with other coursework at my Uni.

I'm currently doing some quite heavy development after which I hope to have these features implemented (at least in test form) within the next 2-3weeks.

Having someone as a beta tester would be extremely useful if you've got any feedback to provide :) .

I'll let you know when the next version is released by posting again on this forum.

Thanks again

Daniel

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2011 at 6:43 PM

I'm ready to be beta-tester !

Olivier

Developer
May 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Sorry Olivier

I was ill for a bit and whilst I'm still working on this feature I also have some other commitments which are slowing down progress.

I would still be very grateful if you would be willing to beta test my changes when they are made, however, in case your need is urgent this is a good project which just synchs Flickr metadata available here: http://flickrmetadatasynchr.codeplex.com/ which you could use in the meantime.

Apologies again.

Daniel