Project discontinued?

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Almost a year since the last code update. It would seem that we are not to expect any more contributions from the maker, and nobody else has contributed yet?

What a shame.

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I know, I know... (I'm the main developer)
I will try to pick this up again this year, but the last year was extremely difficult due to other professional activities.
I did develop some minor corrections but I hope to release some new features later in the summer

Do you want to participate with some developments? That would be great...

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Hi all! I'm doing some changes to the code for personal need. I've implemented "Manually remove files from synchronization (on the preview window)" and an initial "Allow cancel during “Prepare Synchronization”" (buggy and dirty). I've already posted in the patch section (but...i've noticed now that i've uploaded an entire wrong project...damn! Can be removed?). I've also implemented "Include images from sub-folders on the same set" (all of this is what i need a lot!).
My next goal is to do a good job for "Allow cancel during “Prepare Synchronization”" and testing all the stuff.

After, another function i need is "Reverse Sync (from flickr to local)", and i would like to update the FlickrNet library to the last release (supporting all the flickr API)

After...(well, better to slow down a bit :P)

Tell me something if my work can be useful ;)

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I am using this application to sync my pictures on my Home Server to Flicrk. I really love it, and I would really like to see someone developing it further. It looks like Geada has stopped the development, at least for a while, and I believe also he would benefit of someone contributing to it's future.

Wish list & fixes:

1. I believe the first thing that should be fixed is the "automatic sync" command. I tried to use it in the Scheduled Tasks, but the window where you need to press "sync now" continues to pop-up. This makes this command useless. I know that a lot of people are having the same issues. I believe this should be easy to fix, and it will really make the application a lot more useful. Now, we are not able to automate tasks,

2. Also, if I make new folders on my Home Server, I would like to see the application automatically including these folders, and uploading the pictures to Flickr. This will also make automation easier.

And finally, some dreams that might not come true:

3. Integrated into Home Server

4. Web interface

Cheers

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I'm afraid I have no coding skills whatsoever, but I just thought I'd say that if the above things (automatic sync, syncing newly created folders, sync sub-folders to master set) were implimented, along with continue/retry on failure, it would be fantastic!

Developer
Nov 21, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I've been in contact with the main developer and with his permission I'm going to be doing some further development as part of my final year university project. The exact details are still being worked out.

Nov 21, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Excellent news - thanks in advance for anything you can do!