Two way sync

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:07 PM
Are you planning to include two way sync of keywords once/if the Flickr API allows it?
Jan 11, 2008 at 1:55 PM
I would LOVE to see this feature... Specifically, I'd like to be able to apply tags, even GeoTags, on the Flickr site and have them sync'd with my local copies of these same pictures as ITPC keywords. The revers would also be useful, once uploaded, I'd like to be able to add local tags and have a sync that would update these tags on the Flickr copies. Thank you for creating the already useful tool...
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2008 at 9:32 PM
This is the most requested feature but it is a very difficult one.
For now, the plan is to keep FlickrSync focused on "local to flickr" synchronization. There is still a lot of features expected on 1-way synchronization before this tool is mature.
Later, I will include something like "initial flickr to local" synchronization, to facilitate migration to FlickrSync, but the idea will still be to manage everything locally and then update in flickr. For instance, for GeoTags, I manage everything with the wonderful tagging mechanism of Google Earth/Picasa and then just synchronize to flickr.
2-way Synchronization won't probably happen anytime soon. This is much more risky. A simple bug on this tool could destroy all your pictures if you go for a full 2-way synchronization. Therefore, this has to be done with extreme caution.
Apr 13, 2008 at 8:51 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing your work! The "initial flickr to local" feature is very much needed...if you have lots of sets in Flickr and your photos spread out on multiple machines this feature is almost a must to get up and running. It would take ages to manually map things. We've spent years uploading photos from various places (phone, work computer, home computer etc etc) and a "Initially-download-everything-recursively-with-set-names-as-folder-names" feature would help enormously.

Again, thanks a lot for shaing your work!