How Can I Skip Video Sync?

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:39 PM
When using multiple upload sources to Flickr, sometimes I get duplicates PicS. I like the option of FlickrSync to clean this up (Delete on Flickr), but I do not with my videos deleted (avi's). How can I have Flickrsync ignore these? I tried to just add IPTC tags to the jpeg items I want Flickrsync to sync and used the filter, but it still pulled in video files.

Any suggestions?

Tx

Chris
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2009 at 8:26 AM
Hi,

You are right. This is a problem. Video is not really supported by FlickrSync yet and it causes this bug.
I'm about to release a new version of FlickrSync (I'm hoping to release it within the next 2 or 3 weeks) and I'll try to include a correction to this bug.

Pedro Geada
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2009 at 11:12 AM
Hi,

Version 0.8.5 which was just released solves this problem. Altough video is still not supported, you can just put a tag on flickr (flickrsync:type=video) and it will not sync this item. This way synchronization can be performed on all images and not on videos.

Pedro Geada
Jan 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM
Thanks, but I needed the other way too (PC to Flickr). I have all my vids and Pics in one folder which I'm syncing. Anyway, I changed the source to ignore *.avi. It was a hack and I'm not a MS dev, so I would't want to make it as an official patch.

Chris
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2009 at 1:33 PM
I don't understand what do you mean. From PC to flickr there shouldn't be any problems since FlickrSync only considers image files. AVI files will always be ignored.