To anyone who is interested and confident enough with computers, I have a new version for you to try:
- Thumbnails from files on your machine will now display more quickly when you view them before syncing
- Thumbnails now keep their aspect ratio so you will be able to distinguish them more easily
Please note, trying this is at your own risk, but nothing should have been broken.
- Go here: http://flickrsync.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/68374 and click the download button
- Open the downloaded flickrsync-68374.zip and navigate FlickrSyncDevelopmentBranch > TestReleases
- Open 1-ThumbPerformance.zip and copy the FlickrSync folder to somewhere on your computer.
- Open the folder and run FlickrSync.exe
You will probably need to reauthorise the program with your Flickr account. Running this program should not affect the existing version of FlickrSync installed on your machine and you can delete the folder containing the it at any time.
Please let me know if you notice the speed increase in displaying thumbnails and if you encounter any problems.